22 March 2013

Spring, please? Now?

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF WINTER! GAH! And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. In fact, the fact that I am saying it now should be something of note since I love winter. And snow. And cold, cold days. Love them. Or I should say 'loved', because frankly, they've really overstayed their welcome this year and should kindly bugger off now thank you very much.

Thanks to my health being stupid and childishly stubborn, I haven't been to the gym in weeks and have to be in the hospital for treatment twice a week. (Don't worry, nothing too serious, just light therapy, which basically means I have to go to the hospital twice a week to get naked and stand in a giant microwave for a minute or two.) I really miss going to the gym, so to still get some sort of exercise, I've been taking the long way home, cycling around town and taking detours. Today, it was sunny out all morning so I had hoped it would be nicer out than it had been all week.

Nope. It was freeeeezing outside, and windy! Despite the wind in my face and the sun hiding behind a dark cloud for most of my way back home, I still took the route I had in mind. I had hoped to take a picture or two here and there of little signs of Spring peaking through the dead bushes, little flower buds peaking through the dirt, defiant of the frosty conditions, like a herald of warmer times to come. But nope. All I found, was dead, or dying, foliage. Sigh.

Still pretty, though.

1 comment:

  1. OH I'm so with you on the weather thing! I love snow but it's not settled once here this year, instead it's just freezing & quite frankly I'm bored of it.

    Hope that you're ok, sounds bizarre getting naked in front of a microwave but I'm sure there's a good explanation :) x

    ReplyDelete