28 January 2011

yellows and grays


I made a few photos yesterday. It was nice outside, albeit a bit cold, and I figured now was the best time to head outside and find some nice things to photograph. I must say, I was thoroughly disappointed with the amount of pretty. I found some lovely little blossoms at the side of our building but I couldn't get a nice picture without getting someting stupid in the background, and the few parks we have were all dead and gray, not a single flower or lovely-looking plant in sight.

So I chose to photograph some of the dead weeds instead. A fair few of them turned out boring, but I have one that I'm still not sure of.. And I don't know if I like it better in black and white or as a straight-out-of-camera shot! Here they are, let me know what you think!



6 comments:

  1. Ooh these two are lovely :) I think I prefer the black and white picture - it seems to make the spirals and swirls stand out a bit more.

    And I know how you feel! I couldn't really find much to photograph this week either :( Really can't wait for spring now

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I love that black and white one - and I totally feel the lack of prettiness over where I am too - i keep meaning to go out with my camera but it's just cold and unphotogenicaly bleak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love winter foliage shots! I'm constantly surprised at how beautiful dead things are in the winter. I especially like the second one in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Even winter weeds can be pretty. I actually prefer the non-black and white as it gives the picture a little more interest, but they're both nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the B&W!!!! lovely dead weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the photos are gorgeous! and love the little guys you make! very jealous of your talents!

    ReplyDelete