9 January 2010

So much for new year's resolutions...

I tried, I really did, to find out where to buy fondant. I tried. I found recipes, I found tips and tricks, I even found where to buy ready-made fondant in America. But GODDAMMIT, why don't our supermarkets just sell that stuff?! I mean, I never thought I would say it but I'm kind of jealous of those Americans that can just buy fondant and other cake-decoration supplies from their supermarkets. Jealous. Rawr.
Anyway, that's not stopping me from making cupcakes, they'll just have to go without the fondant snowmen and letters I was planning to make. I might have to ask my friend Merel if she knows where in Holland I can get readymade fondant. (To start off easy, you know.) She might even know how to make fondant myself without having to buy strange ingredients or a friggin kilo of powdered sugar.

In other news: I've been working on a new pair of fingerless gloves that I'm calling Toasty Mitts (because the yarn I'm using is a mix of red, yellow and orange, get it?) and I decided, after browsing Ravelry for hours on end, and after looking for an actual pattern for mittens on Ravelry for about half an hour (Can't help it, I am addicted to Ravelry!), to write my own pattern for them as I went along, to see how it turns out. So far, I'm liking them! But I've only almost finished one of the two, so when I'm done, I'll post the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment